Saturday 31 August 2013

Discounted offers at National Bookstore (Philippines)

This is a tradition of one of the biggest bookstores in the Philippines to offer discounted rates of books - up to 70%. National Bookstore (NBS) is generous to cut down its price every year to book addicts like me. It is almost a two-week promotional event to grab copies of my favorite writers, including reference materials. 

Personally, I already bought 11 books: The Complete Guide to Flags of the World, Just Take My Heart (Mary Higgins Clark), The Almost Moon (Alice Sebold), Her Fearful Symmetry (Audrey Niffenegger), and Before Ever After (Samantha Sotto).

I got another hardcover copy of  The Prisoner of Heaven (Carlos Ruiz Zafon), including his teens' novel entitled, The Midnight Palace. I also grabbed copies of James Patterson's novels: Guilty Wives and Now You See Her...I was stunned to pick the first novel of Tim Kring, SHIFT. Did you know that Tim Kring is the creator and producer of the popular US tv series, HEROES!

No comments: