Thursday 30 April 2009

ChickLit...Ladies' writers on the run!

I FOUND AN INTERESTING SITE just created few months ago set-up by one lady (Leah) and being powered by wordpress to share her passion in book reading. Another lady, Chloe (a dooyoo member like me) joined Leah to share her passion as well and this is the reason why I found this site thru Chloe's dooyoo profile.

As the site's name, ChickLitReviews.com provides reviews of books mostly written by female writers. The site has a dedicated section for additional information about these authors, including a section for future interviews of these writers.

Unfortunately, I have not read any of the books listed in the site, so maybe it is also time to choose some of them and have a go. Honestly, I seldom read books written by female writers without any descrimination in mind. I dont know, but the appeal of the stories written by them is not strong compared to my favourite writers like Jeffrey Archer, Harlan Coben, James Patterson and Stephen King. I could remember three female writers that Ive read their novels: Mary Higgins Clark (majority of her books), Sarah Waters (Tipping the Velvet) and one of the short stories of Annie Proulx, Brokeback Mountain.

Clark's style of writing and stories made her in my top list of female American authors. I was influenced by my female boss, 17 years ago to read her novels. From then on, I was hooked with her stories highlighting the personalities of female characters and the supporting role of men in the stories. (Updates: My former boss way back in AIT just created her own blog and worth reading it: Musings of a Retiree). I will also feature thru my blog her passion in making Japanese "Origami" paper dolls and the books she loved!

Anyway, try a look of Leah's reviews as well as Chloe's favourite books. I think the site will be my future source of information for upcoming books of authors like Jodi Picoult and Stephenie Meyer.

No comments: